Header

Streaming Cafe

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cafe Art Display - Trina Ganson

This month we are featuring some works by Trina Ganson on our cafe walls. Come down to the cafe and check out the art in person and see more on her website.

BIO:
Trina Ganson received her diploma of fine arts from Okanagan University College in 2005. She then became an active member of Malaspina Printmakers Studio on Granville Island Vancouver. After a number of years Ganson returned to the Okanagan to finish her BFA. Trina graduated from the University of British Columbia in 2008, with a BFA majoring in printmaking techniques. Trina Ganson is currently an active member of Studio 113 in the Rotary Centre for the Arts in Kelowna BC. I create organic landscapes and little critters using a variety of printmaking and drawing techniques.



MY ARTIST STATEMENT:
The images I perceive in my daily environment evoke fragments from my memories. It is this process of recollecting my life’s experiences that I desire to reproduce through my art. The images are not meant to be a rendered product of my memory but more of a representation of a place and time that I associate them with. Texture is a fundamental element within my art, it is meant to elude to a shifting memory. The random marks reflect chance elements and what is life but a series of chance elements that create action and reaction. The type of mark a tool creates is the beginning of a shapes development. Some times these marks are not made by a tool but rather the copper plate is situated where the dwellers of the space tend to leave their house keys. These random marks intrigue me to react and take action. In order to take action it is essential for me to take the time to understand the various processes in printmaking techniques. Once I have demonstrated an understanding of how to use a technique I can then begin to manipulate it in order to focus my ideas through experimentation. Because I focus on the technical aspects of creating a print, it allows my unconscious to guide me into a narrative. My objective is to create an inviting environment that allows the viewer to revisit their memories through a contemplation of color, shape and texture. My goal is to continue to make artwork that allows the viewer to formulate a journey that will instigate a reflection of their own memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya think?